Chicken cooked in a Marinade with yogurt, Cheese, Coriander and Chilies
Posted on February 21 2017
- The ingredients for this recipe are chicken thighs cut to bite size pieces, malt vinegar, four garlic cloves, one ginger, 1 ½ Greek yogurt, 50 ml double cream, corn flour, grated cheddar cheese, chili paste, finely chopped coriander leaves, salt, melted butter, a pinch of Garam Masala powder, lime juice, green chutney and onion rings for serving.
- Marinate the chicken in vinegar, garlic and ginger paste for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, the double cream with the corn flour well making sure there are no lumps. Now add the grated cheese and mix well. Add the chili paste, chopped coriander and salt.
- Add this mix to the chicken and marinate for 20 minutes or for better taste, you can put it in a refrigerator overnight.
- Soak some wooden skewers in water. Preheat the grill onto a high setting. Shake off the excess marinade and thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers. Place them on a wire rack on the top shelf. Cook under the grill for 15 minutes. Brush with butter every 5 minutes and cook until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through and is slightly charred around the edges.
- Take the chicken off the skewers and rest them over a roti or a naan. Sprinkle with a pinch of Garam Masala powder and Chaat Masala. Serve with a green chutney and onion salad.